This has been my second Alfa Romeo a great reliable, useful and pretty car. I’m getting a company car so no longer need it, but will certainly miss it! I still think it is one of the prettiest estate cars on the roads.
I’m a member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club and have done a fair few things to keep it in the best condition I can. It has a part service history (up to 10700 miles – 2015) but since in my ownership I have increase the regularity of oil changes (usually around 6000miles. This is a well looked after car as you can tell by how clean the engine bay is!
It doesn’t have any rust from what I can see (underneath or on the bodywork). Bodywork is generally good condition a few imperfections here and there – but not bad.
The 159 is considerable bigger inside than the 156 and feels far better built. It has ISOFIX and EuroNCAP 5 star rated.
Apart from the Brera 18” Crosspoke wheels, the car is standard.
I’ve owned this car for nearly 3 years and the work I have done includes;
• Autodelta Remap (JTS engines suffer from a jerkiness in traffic) Jano and his team have significantly reduced this with a remap. [July 2015]
• They also looked at any errors on the computer and Jano was impressed by the fact there weren’t any.
• Also replaced the air filter with a washable Autodelta one [July 2015
• I’ve replaced all 4 springs [July 2016]
• Upper front wish bones [July 2016
• Rear drivers Hub [July 2016]
• 4x Discs and Pads [July 2016]
• New Battery [February 2016]
• New gearbox [Fuchs] oil and seals [Sept 2016]
• It now has 18” Brera Wheels with good tyres (new in 2016) wheels have a bit of curbing but still look good.
I have treated the front / rear subframe and chassis with Bilt Humber Dynax S50 (bit like Waxoil, but better). It is all solid, and wanted to keep it like that. [July 2016]
MOT until July (no minors in the last one) 126000 miles
FYI, it is Euro 4 so not impacted by the London Pollution charge
It isn’t perfect;
Missing rear headrest
Rear window doesn’t work well
Bit of a rip in boot carpet.
It comes with a New Radiator and Waterpump. I bought these when it was new, but not fitted as current ones are actually OK.